ALL THAT REMAINS FROM THE ASHES

After the apocalypse what rises from the ashes

Character Dossiers/Forum

Forum Home > M.A.S.K. > Matt Trakker

SGCaper
Site Owner

“Matt.”

Sitting in his command chair, back to the two men, he sits deep in thought. Contemplating all the decisions he’s made over the years. All the choices that have brought him to this.

“Matt?”

Matt Trakker, founder and leader of the M.A.S.K. Team doesn’t hear Hondo or Buddy. Both men standing behind him have looks of confusion growing on their faces.

“Matt!”

The strength of the word snaps him out of his trance. “Tell me you have good news.” The looks of concern turn into looks of fear mixed with sadness.

“Matt, we’ve been everywhere. It’s been 5 years. If we were gonna find him we would have.”

“Hondo’s right Matt. We’ve spent every spare moment looking for him and he’s completely off the grid. He doesn’t want to be found.”

“Of course he does. He’s my son damn it.” The words hang in the air. “Extend the search area.”

The men look at each other furtively, “You know we can’t do that. We’re already pushing the limits with our power cells as it is. Any further and we risk losing power of the vehicles or even worse losing power to the MASKs.”

“Extend the search area.”

“Matt Hondo’s right again man. We can’t do it. Even the Rhino, with full cells and back-ups can only cover a 500 miles. 600 max. Bruce and Alex are out there right now. At the limit. And nothing…”

“DAMN IT!” Matt spins quickly around in his chair standing abruptly, slamming his closed fists onto the reinforced glass table top. Small spider web cracks emerge from under his knuckles. “I said extend the search area! I am still the leader of this team. It’s my tech. It’s my fuel cells. It’s my base. It’s my SON!” The men notice the tears streaming down his face but say nothing.

The men stand in stunned silence. “What the hell are you waiting for?” The two men turn in silence and walk out, heads shaking in silent judgement. Under his breathe Buddy whispers to Hondo, “He’s lost it man.”

“No he hasn’t lost it. He’s lost his son.”

Save

--

"O, woe be the day the enemy descends, mourn we will, for the sake of all that's holy in this universe....

... 'cause the Alley Viper Corps is gonna fuck it ALL up!" - NFC

January 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.