ALL THAT REMAINS FROM THE ASHES

After the apocalypse what rises from the ashes

Character Dossiers/Forum

Forum Home > Cobra: Ruthless Terrorists Determined to Rule the World > Jinx

SGCaper
Site Owner

Jinx

Jinx had served the G.I.Joe team for years, starting as a Rawhide, and later becoming equal in skill and reputation with Snake Eyes. At some point, she was "borrowed" by the CIA for several off the books operations.

Her long-term boyfriend and fellow member of the G.I. Joe team, Kyle A. Jesso a.k.a Budo, had recently gotten married when the outbreak began. They were on their Honeymoon in Hawaii when the first isolated reports of attacks by rabid people began. They had moved into their new home when the first quarantines began. They were on Base when the announcement was given, Zombies were real and they were attacking with impunity. They served together with honor, going into the heart of battle, relying on their prowess with cold steel as well as their love for each other.

When the Joe team crumbled, they like many of the members, retreated into the wilds intending to survive while helping as many people as they could along the way. For years they succeeded in helping those in need of defense. They helped to end horde sieges. They killed ruthless warlords. Then a day came that they couldn't see coming.

"Kyle."

"Yeah?"

"When was the last time you Princeville checked in?"

Kyle takes a clipboard off the wall next to the small HAM radio terminal and flips through the pages, "Huh. Looks like 3 weeks ago."

"What was their normal schedule?"

"Uhh, biweekly."

"So they missed their call?"

"Looks that way." He looks up at her, "You worried?"

"Yeah. I don't know why but I am."

"You wanna go check it out?"

"I don't know."

He pushes back from the small table and stands up, "I know that look. You've got one of your feelings again." He gently places a hand on her cheek, she nuzzles into it letting the warmth fill her, and looks up at him, "C'mon J. You know as well as I do that if it's bothering you now it won't stop until we go and check on things."

"Okay."

They wasted little time in preparing. Their Go Bags always at the ready. They armed themselves and set out to the small enclave of Princeville. It was two days away. 14 families called it home. It wasn't much; three basic farmhouses, a large barn, and several small buildings sat in the middle of 50 acres of what had once been a family farm. A wall had been built around the property using scavenged cars, several overturned trailers, sections of various fencing, and trees split into beams. The families had been growing their own food and had even had success raising chickens. Jinx and Budo had met them after eliminating a small group of zombies that were trying to gain access to the various inhabited buildings. The duo had convinced them of the need to build a perimeter, to have a constant round-the-clock watch, and to rely on weapons that didn't need ammunition. Budo had given them a small radio with a solar charger and instructions on calling them to check-in.

They made quick time and miraculously met no undead along the way. As they approached Jinx stopped and pointed to tracks in the mud, "Humvees." They left the road in favor of the cover of the forest. As they approached the wall they stopped. Budo took out a monocular and looked toward the horizon. "What do you see?"

"Humvees alright. Three. Army markings." He scanned the area, "Three sentries, all armed with M4s." He passed her the monocular. She looked out asking, "What do you think we should do?"

"See what's going on. Maybe they can tell us what happened to Command."

"Okay." They cautiously approached the main gate of the compound. Putting her hand on the latch, "You sure about this?"

"Yeah."

She opened the gate and they made their way in. They were nearly on top of the guards when the first one noticed them. He brought his weapon up and fired. They hit the ground, bullets kicking up dirt and rocks into the air, they rolled for the ditches on either side of the road. Several more men in the uniforms of Soldiers came running from the houses. As soon as they figured out where their friends were shooting they let loose with their weapons. "Cease fire!" A grizzled First Sergeant shouted as he stumbled out of a farmhouse door pulling up his pants, "Cease fire!" The gunshots stopped. "Fuckin' Christ! You morons trying to draw out every damn infected? Now, who is going to tell me exactly what the hell is going on?" A soldier pointed, "Out there Sarge!" He turned in time to see the two trespassers run for cover in opposite directions. "What in sam hell?" He began pointing, "You take your men and go after that one. The rest with me."

That was the last time she saw Budo alive. It was also when she saw just how depraved and disgusting the world had become. What happened in those small buildings and on the grounds changed her. She wandered for months, alone. Killing not only undead, but anyone wearing an Army uniform. When she heard about New Springfield and all that Cobra was offering she signed up.

--

"O, woe be the day the enemy descends, mourn we will, for the sake of all that's holy in this universe....

... 'cause the Alley Viper Corps is gonna fuck it ALL up!" - NFC

February 27, 2020 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SGCaper
Site Owner

UPDATED

--

"O, woe be the day the enemy descends, mourn we will, for the sake of all that's holy in this universe....

... 'cause the Alley Viper Corps is gonna fuck it ALL up!" - NFC

December 21, 2020 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.