ALL THAT REMAINS FROM THE ASHES

After the apocalypse what rises from the ashes

Character Dossiers/Forum

Forum Home > Cobra: Ruthless Terrorists Determined to Rule the World > Grand Slam

SGCaper
Site Owner

Grandslam.

Formerly a member of the G.I.Joe team, Grand Slam now takes to the skies testing out the latest and greatest tech available post-collapse. Some might disagree with his current employer but as long as he’s flying it doesn’t bother him.

"I was damn near dead when they found me." He takes a pinch of SouthPaw, puts it in his cheek, and waits. A wave of relaxation flows over him putting him at ease as the post-ZomPoc narcotic begins to take hold. "No one was really prepared for what happened." His eyes roll back for a moment, "Ahhhhhh, I've been reading fantasy and sci-fi since I was a kid. Zombies weren't just in horror you know. There were plenty of fantasy stories about the undead, the same with science fiction. I knew right away what we were facing. While others were denying what was right in front of them I was aiming for the head. Anyway, I was on a base. We were overrun, yadda yadda yadda. I survived like everyone else. One day at a time. Until I was damn near dead. I was surrounded. Out of supplies; no food, no water, no ammo, and no hope. I was looking up at the sky through a hole in the ceiling of this dilapidated building I was stuck in when I saw a fuckin' fleet of mini helicopters fly overhead. They hovered above me. I don't know how I did it but I made it to the roof and waved them down. They saw me and rescued me." He closes his eyes, "I recognized Cobra F.A.N.G.s I'm not stupid. Hell, with my JUMP pack I'd taken quite a few of them down in combat. Now here they were pulling my ass out of the fire. They brought me to New Springfield. I was never a prisoner. I was another survivor. They gave me a place to live, food, water, even a job. They knew I was a Joe. Knew my background. On my third day in New Springfield, a recruiter came and asked if I had any interest in helping with security details. I wasn't ready. He left and life went on. It wasn't till a couple of months later that I changed my mind. I kept seeing F.A.N.G.s, as they went out on recon and man I needed to be in the air. I went and found that recruiter and asked what it'd take to get up in the air in a F.A.N.G. He smiled and told me he had something better for me in mind. They led me to a room with all kinds of compact solo flight packs. Stuff that I'd only heard rumors of pre-poc. I get to fly whatever I like whenever I like. It doesn't hurt that I get to help people too."

Grand Slam

--

"O, woe be the day the enemy descends, mourn we will, for the sake of all that's holy in this universe....

... 'cause the Alley Viper Corps is gonna fuck it ALL up!" - NFC

February 27, 2020 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.